Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Vacation Report - Like Mother Like Daughter

Well, it was a loooooong vacation. And let me just say, I deserved it after those long weeks at the office. It's just too bad most of my paycheck is going to fund some Obama plan for people who don't know how to take care of themselves. Oh well, that's life under the Democrats, I suppose.

My wife and I went to San Diego to visit her parents. It was fun. We went to the beach with our dog, saw some movies, and basically did a whole lot of nothing, which was ideal.

My wife's mom is, without a doubt, queen of the Democrats... in her own mind. You see, she's just like her daughter. A total fake! The whole time we were there it was "global warming this", "health care that", "did you watch The View last week?", you know the routine. But Friday night, she had some guests over for dinner and guess what she served for dessert. Creme brulee. And how, you might ask, did she manage to make that delicious, sweet, sugary crust on the top? With a blow torch! That's right, she went to The Home Depot and bought a blow torch and a propane tank to go along with it. Here I thought Democrats cared about the earth but instead they're going out and plundering it for its natural resources all in the name of sweety goodness. When are Democrats going to start taking themselves and their ideas seriously? Who knows? From what I've seen, never.

2 comments:

  1. I feel honored to have headlined the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Megan's(Olivia's friend)mom and got to your blog from "According to Jane". Your title made me want to see who was writing it and I laughed so hard after reading a few posts. Watching your wife in her teen years, my other daughter is her age, and being friends with Laura and Glen, I have gotten to know their family. Wonderful people who I love so much. Thanks for bringing laughter to my morning! You are a brave man :)

    ReplyDelete