Thursday, December 9, 2010

Obama's Message to Kids - "Archimedes was a Liar!"

This might be hard to believe but Obama has recently been pushing for kids to get more smarter and improve our country's science and math scores. On the surface, this doesn't seem like such a bad idea, but, of course, as always, the cracks of Obama's true agenda can be seen seeping through the facade. I'm talking about his recent appearance on Mythbusters. First of all, Mythbusters is my kind of science. I can't think of a better way for our country's youth to learn science than by showing all the practical every day situations where knowing how to blow something up will come in handy. I mean, if that isn't science I don't know what is! As you can tell, I'm being sarcastic. I'm surprised Obama went on a show where it seems like the whole point is to blow stuff up and think you're smarter than everyone else for having watched it. I thought the image of the "mindless arrogant American" was what Obama was trying to fix.

Anyways, Obama's myth that he was in charge of busting or verifying is the story of Archimedes' solar death ray that supposedly burned attacking ships by aiming a bunch of mirrors at them. If he really wanted to sink a ship he should have just held up a picture of his wife. Heyyo!

But here's the kicker. His myth was busted! Wouldn't it have been better to give him a myth that could be verified as true? I guess the lesson he wanted to give kids was, "Hey, don't bother trying to prove anything because it's probably not true so just get back to eating chips and playing video games."

I don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into this one. The point is, when I told my wife Obama was going to be on Mythbusters she said, "Oh, I think I knew that." As if she doesn't follow forty blogs a day trying to find out where he's going to be next.

The Obama myth has been busted!

No comments:

Post a Comment